Sunday, April 24, 2022

Tube Free

"I've got no tubes to hold me down to make me fret, or make me frown I had tubes but now I'm free There are no tubes on me" We are singing our own version of Pinocchio's song... Yay they took the drainage bulb out this morning. However, she has not been drinking very much so we are making small goals to drink four small bottles of water, so they don't put the IV back in to keep her hydrated. Her throat has still been hurting. They have been giving her a cloraseptic spray which has been helping a lot.
Yesterday she kept busy playing lots of card games, writing in her super cool Wreck this Journal, and putting together a puzzle. Puzzles are a tricky thing in the hospial. there is one table for food, when food comes the table needs to be cleared. So we did the puzzle after dinner and had the rest of the night to finish it. We also have been painting sun catchers. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate everyone that has brought Grace something to keep her busy, word searches, books to read, pop its, finger nail polish, games... so incredibly blessed with our support team. Thank you...
We have also played some music. We need upbeat song suggestions. right now our play list consists of : Happy by pharrell Williams Sing your Praise to the Lord by Amy Grant thunder by imagine Dragons fight song by Rachel Platten Believer -Imagine Dragons Whatever it takes-imagine Dragons for example Skin by Rascal Flats.. great song... not upbeat.. she asked for Memories by maroon 5... I played it because she asked but I try to skip it... makes this momma cry... I want happy upbeat.. get out of bed and dance music. .. so,if you can think of some upbeat, happy songs please let me know. I also want to comment on what a ROCKSTAR this girl is... Last night and this morning, she did not make a sound, not even an ouch when they gave her the blood thinner shot. She has been choosing to have it in her legs, not the belly.It seems to be a better spot for her. Mrs. Damm made this awesome shirt for Mr. Twinkle. Grace loves it so much.
Also, If you have any great soup recipes, that you'd like to share that will help Grace get through Chemo. I would greatly appreciate it. I am just trying to get my ducks in a row now. Tomorrow Dr. Beaupin is coming in to discuss treatment. So those of you asking what can I do to help.. right now... I need happy, upbeat songs, yummy soup recipes, and prayers... Thank you... Thank you for continuing to pray for my amazing girl...

1 comment:

 Grace is finished with radiation. Yay! We thought it was going to be 3 weeks of 5 days spread out throughout the chemo. However they decide...