Friday, April 22, 2022

I usually am pretty good about putting my thought down on paper.... Today... I'm struggling....We received the pathology report. Grace has Stage 3, Wilms Tumor, Favorable histology.. which has an excellent survival rate... I am so thankful... the tumor did rupture...lymphnodes are clear, it did not spread... what does this mean for treatment... chemo and... radiation ... I know .. so much to be thankful for ... then why am I so sad over that.. honestly I really don't know much about radiation.. I didn't want to research it... it scares me...she is 9... I still don't want to reseach it... In my head if i didnt research it.. then she wouldn't need it... that didnt work out so well for me, did it.....being a mom is hard today... she is only 9... The oncologist, Dr. Beaupin is meeting with us on Monday to go over the treatment plan. The road map , she called it. After radiation, 2 weeks of radiation.. I really don't remember what else she said... Grace has a blood clot...She needs to start blood thinners... two shots a day in her belly for at least six weeks... possibly 12...
I dont want to seem ungrateful. I am so thankful, that this cancer has such a great survival rate. I am not looking forward to the treatment... Grace did get the last IV removed today, and only has the JP drain/suction bulb attached to her. She is up walking around, climbing in and out of bed... doing very well. once again, I want to say thank you for praying for Grace. She is an amazing kid. I am so proud of her bravery. She wants to know when the cancer goes away can she go outside to play....

3 comments:

  1. Prayers and thoughts of healing for all! 💝

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay,She looks so happy ��. Treasure by Bruno Mars ans Am I Wrong by Nico & Vinz. I will send you a great super easy chicken noodle soup receipe when I send the box I have for grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, she looks so happy �� Treasure, Bruno Mars. Am I Wrong, Nico & Vinz. No Tears Left to Cry, Ariana Grande. I will send you a really good quick and easy Chicken Noodle soup recipe when I send out Grace's package.

    ReplyDelete

 Grace is finished with radiation. Yay! We thought it was going to be 3 weeks of 5 days spread out throughout the chemo. However they decide...